ISIS Chiropractic Centres and Nutritional Therapy.
Chiropractic Treatment And Antioxidants
There is mounting evidence that free radical activity and inflammation play a fundamental role in the development of many conditions and diseases, including painful joints and muscles, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, Type II diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, respiratory diseases, periodontal disease, reproductive complications, auto-immune disorders, some forms of cancer and dementia.
All these conditions have been linked to levels of free radicals in your body – if levels are high, this indicates that the body is under oxidative stress, which adversely affects the body’s immune defences and leads to high levels of inflammation and damage to cells and our DNA.
Free radicals are produced within the body every time we breathe in oxygen or pollutants, are exposed to sunlight or exercise.
Antioxidants fight free radical activity, protecting your cells and your DNA and reducing oxidative stress.
To protect cells against free radical damage you must increase the level of antioxidants in your body.
Nutrition:mk and Antioxidant Screening
Sheila Sheppard, Nutritional Therapy Practitioner, founder of nutrition:mk, is going to be working with ISIS Chiropractic Centres in Milton Keynes.
nutrition:mk is looking for patient volunteers to participate in a tried and tested nutritional programme that offers guaranteed measurable results.
You have nothing to lose and everything to gain because if your antioxidant score does not improve, you are guaranteed a 100% refund.
So what are my levels of Antioxidants?
The Pharmanex Biophotonic Scanner is the world’s first non-invasive measuring tool to give an immediate reading of the level of antioxidant carotenoids in your body. Once you know this result, you are empowered to make improvements to your carotenoid level through nutritious eating and appropriate nutritional supplementation. A nutritional supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
The Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner is the world’s first, and only, non-invasive measuring tool that gives you a live-tissue measurement of your antioxidant status. Clinically proven more precise than blood serum. This scanner uses Raman Spectroscopy, a Nobel Prize-winning technology.
Antioxidant therapy is expected to boost your antioxidant level, supporting your body’s immune system and lead to an improvement in inflammatory status. You will also need to achieve and maintain a healthy diet and follow the recommended treatment programme for any specific condition you may have.
Lifepak is one of the most comprehensive ‘multi’ supplements available. Using a special formulation, Lifepak nutrients are provided in a highly bio-available form to ensure they can be absorbed and used by the body. They are clinically proven and guaranteed to increase your cellular antioxidant levels.
Antioxidant Screening & Therapy
Screening fee only £25 (50% saving)
Wednesday 4th November, 18th November, 2nd December and 16th December 2009, 09.30 – 18.30.
Appointments last approximately 20 minutes.
The Bioscan programme:
- Step 1: A simple, painless, non-invasive screening of the palm of your hand, giving you your antioxidant status in just 90 seconds, with a qualified Nutritional Therapy Practitioner.
- Step 2: Our antioxidant therapy fights free radical damage - a major influence on metabolic and degenerative diseases and believed to be responsible for accelerated ageing.
- Step 3: A free repeat screening after 3 months to again measure your antioxidant status.
It is important for us to gather feedback from our patients about their health improvements while on this programme, and you will therefore be asked to complete a simple health questionnaire, including details of any nutritional supplements or prescription medication you are currently taking.
As a participant:
- Your initial antioxidant screening (£50 value) will measure your current antioxidant status. Depending on the result, you may be recommended to take a comprehensive nutritional supplement programme for 3 months. We offer Flexible Antioxidant Programmes starting at less than £50 per month.
- You will be given a free follow-up screening in month 3 to determine the live-tissue increase in antioxidant status. If your score does not improve you are guaranteed a 100% refund of the cost of the nutritional supplements, taken as directed, as part of the programme.
- You will be asked to document and provide feedback on health improvements you have experienced during the 3 months on the programme.
If you wish to continue to take these supplements after the first 3 months, as part of your maintenance programme, you will be able to obtain them by arranging a monthly home delivery service which can be discussed at your post-treatment scan.
Click on this link for more information on The Pharmanex BioPhotonic Scanner and Antioxidant Screening.
To find out what your antioxidant levels are, book your screening appointment now on 01908 307075.
Go to ISIS Chiropractic Home Page